#City Sounds and Flying Hamsters
Created during the @5apps_ HTML5 hackathon Saturday 5th – Sunday 6th May 2012.
PUT ON YOUR HEADPHONES!
Generate a soundscape of the area you're looking at on the map then fly around it.
##How to run the demo First of all clone the Git repository:
git clone git://github.com/mmarcon/htm5Hackathon.git
The demo requires Node.js and Express. We implemented a little HTTP server that serves the application and at as a proxy to Deezer as the MP3s hosted in their CDN are not served with the cross-origin flag.
If Express is not already installed:
npm install express
cd node node proxy.js
Now just point your browser to
http://localhost:8000, plug in your headphones and enjoy.
The hamster can be controlled with arrow keys, space generates a soundscape for the current area.
- Simon Madine - @thingsinjars
- Max Marcon - @mmarcon
##Browser tech used
Web Audio API. Detailed information can be found at: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html.
##Web services used
- Nokia Maps API - http://api.maps.nokia.com
- Freesound API - http://www.freesound.org/docs/api/
- LastFM API - http://www.last.fm/api
- Deezer API - http://developers.deezer.com/api
- FlickHoldr - http://flickholdr.com
- Slide deck about Soundscape: http://mmarcon.github.com/slides/soundscape