A port of the Tristan Hume's code to use Eye-Tracking with the Nao Robot's webcam
This example demonstrates how to get images from the NAO robot remotely, detect the eye movement and how to display them on your screen using opencv.
This code is completly based on the "getimage" Aldebaran's example  and on the EyeTracking algorithm implemented by Tristam Hume  based on the paper "Accurate eye centre localisation by means of gradients" 
-  http://www.aldebaran-robotics.com/documentation/dev/cpp/examples/vision/getimage/getimage.html
-  http://thume.ca/projects/2012/11/04/simple-accurate-eye-center-tracking-in-opencv/
-  Timm and Barth. Accurate eye centre localisation by means of gradients. In Proceedings of the Int. Conference on Computer Theory and Applications (VISAPP), volume 1, pages 125-130, Algarve, Portugal, 2011. INSTICC.
Feel free to modify, redistribute, play... but please, always keep the appropiate recognition to the originals authors listed above. In my blog you will find complementary information.
Run the code
To test the code, you need:
- Aldebaran's SDK
- OpenCV 2.4 (I suppouse it also works with OpenCV 2.3
- NAO Robot, it is not provided with this code :-)
Manuel Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
A Bit World < abitworld.com >