Rotate Artboard Orientation
Simple plugin for Sketch to rotate the orientation of selected artboards.
Akin to toggling between "landscape" to "portrait" orientation –- width becomes height, height becomes width.
Exactly the same as manually doing the following:
- selecting an artboard
- changing the value of the width to be the value of the height, and changing the height to be the value of the width
How To Use
- Select one or more artboards
- Run the plugin
- The plugin will disregard selected items that are not artboards.
- If no elements are selected, the plugin will simply do nothing.
- There is basic logging (to the Sketch plugin console) for each artboard rotated.
Currently, an artboard might be rotated and end up overlapping another artboard on the document.
Solution is to manually move the overlapping artboard(s) so that they do not overlap.
Download the ZIP file and unzip (double clicking should do this automatically).
In a new Finder window, navigate to Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins. From the terminal, this is
You can also get to this directory from within Sketch: Sketch > Preferences > Plugins. Using the tiny gear menu, select "Show Plugins Folder".
Manually copy the unzipped plugin folder (that was just downloaded)
sketch-rotate-artboards-masterinto this destination.
Have The Machines Handle Installation
- Install using Sketch Toolbox
- mmilano # Author
- Updated to support Sketch's built-in (and unsatisfactorily documented, in the opinion of this creator) plugin update system.
- Adjust menu behavior so that main command it root (i.e. no need for a redundant submenu)
- Cleanup of some vestigal code.
- Initial release