Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a huge update. Be sure to read the new set of docs for all the details on how to install fresh or upgrade from an older version of Minimal Mistakes.
- Rebuilt the entire theme: layouts, includes, stylesheets, scripts, you name it.
- Refreshed the look and feel while staying true to the original design of the theme (author sidebar/main content).
- Replaced grid system with Susy.
- Replaced Grunt tasks with
- Removed Google Fonts and replaced with system fonts to improve performance (they can be added back if desired)
- Greatly improved theme documentation.
- Increased the amount of sample posts, sample pages, and sample collections to throughly test the theme and edge-cases.
- Moved all sample content and assets out of
masterto keep it as clean as possible for forking.
- Added new layouts for
splashpages, archives for
jekyll-archivesif enabled, and
compress.htmlto improve performance.
- Added taxonomy links to posts (tags and categories).
- Added optional "reading time" meta data.
- Improved Liquid used for Twitter Cards and Open Graph data in
galleryinclude helper and added
feature_rowfor use with splash page layout.
- Added Keybase.io, author web URI, and Bitbucket optional links to sidebar.
feed.xmllink to footer.
- Added a UI text data file to easily change all text found in the theme.
- Added LinkedIn to optional social share buttons.
- Added Facebook, Google+, and custom commenting options in addition to Disqus.
- Added optional breadcrumb links.