pkgi allows to install original pkg files on your Vita.
This homebrew allows to download & unpack pkg file directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license.
- easy way to see list of available downloads, including searching, filter & sorting.
- standalone, no PC required, everything happens directly on Vita.
- automatic download and unpack, just choose an item, and it will be installed, including bubble in live area.
- resumes interrupted download, you can stop download at any time, switch applications, and come back to download from place it stopped.
- no support for DLC or PSM.
- no queuing up multiple downloads.
- no background downloads - if application is closed or Vita is put in sleep then download will stop.
Get latest version as vpk file here.
You need to create
ux0:pkgi/pkgi.txt file that will contain items available for installation. This file is in very
simple CSV format where each line means one item in the list:
- contentid is full content id of item, for example:
- flags is currently unused number, set it to 0.
- name is arbitrary UTF-8 string to display for name.
- name2 is currently unused alternative name, leave it empty.
- zrif is NoNpDrm created fake license in zRIF format, it must match contentid.
- url is http url where to download PKG, pkg content id must match the specified contentid.
- size is size of pkg in bytes, or 0 if not known.
- checksum is sha256 digest of pkg as 32 hex bytes to make sure pkg is not tampered with. Leave empty to skip the check.
Name cannot contain newlines or commas.
To avoid downloading pkg file over network, you can place it in
ux0:pkgi folder. Keep the name of file same as in http url,
or rename it with same name as contentid. pkgi will first check if pkg file can be read locally, and only if it is missing
then pkgi will download it from http url.
Using application is pretty straight forward. Select item you want to install and press X. To sort/filter/search press triangle. It will open context menu. Press triangle again to confirm choice(s) you make in menu. Or press O to cancel any changes you did.
Press left or right shoulder button to move page up or down.
- Where to get zRIF string?
- Where to get pkg URL?
You can use PSDLE to find pkg URL for games you own. Then either use original URL, or host the file on your own server.
- Where to remove interrupted/failed downloads to free up the space?
ux0:pkgi folder - each download will be in separate folder by its title id. Simply delete the folder & resume file.
- Download speed is too slow!
Typically you should see speeds ~1-2 MB/s. This is normal for Vita hardware. Of course it also depends on WiFi router you have and WiFi signal strength. But sometimes speed will drop down to only few hundred KB/s. This happens for pkg files that contains many small files or many folders. Creating a new file or a new folder takes extra time which slows down the download.
cmake . to create debug build, or
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . to create optimized release build.
After than run
make to create vpk file. You can set environment variable
PSVITAIP (before running cmake) to IP address of
Vita, that will allow to use
make send for sending eboot.bin file directly to
To enable debugging logging pass
-DPKGI_ENABLE_LOGGING=ON argument to cmake. Then application will send debug messages to
UDP multicast address 22.214.171.124:30000. To receive them you can use socat on your PC:
$ socat udp4-recv:30000,ip-add-membership=126.96.36.199:0.0.0.0 -
For easer debugging on Windows you can build pkgi in "simulator" mode - use Visual Studio 2017 solution from simulator folder.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
puff.h and puff.c files are under zlib license.