This is a web app that uses google sheets as a database to create a book list. All you need is a google sheet and this code to be hosted someplace and you can create your own book list.
- Fork this or just download the code I don't care.
- Create a google sheet with the following columns
- title - title of the book
- author - author of the book
- year that i read - year when you read the book
- is collection - if the book is a collection of books (good for scifi/fantasy)
- image url - url for some image you want to use for the book
- book cover - this is internally used by me to render the image to make sure the url works (used
=IMAGE('image url column', 1)).
- synopsis - your thoughts about the book
- fill in your data (This is the time consuming part)
- publish the sheet (can't use it as a database if the data isn't available)
publicSpreadsheetUrlto be your shared spreadsheet url.
- sit back and watch all of your users adore you for reading books.