Source for Mobile & Web Messaging Book
Learn how to use messaging technologies to build responsive and resilient applications for mobile devices and web browsers. With this hands-on guide, you’ll use the STOMP and MQTT messaging protocols to write iOS and web applications capable of sending and receiving GPS and device sensor data, text messages, and alerts.
- Understand basic messaging concepts and composition
- Learn two common messaging models: point-to-point and publish/subscribe
- Use STOMP to write an iOS application that sends GPS data, and a web app that consumes the data
- Build an iOS app with MQTT that tracks and broadcasts device motion data, and a web app that displays the data and sends alerts
- Extend STOMP to filter, prioritize, persist, and expire messages
- Take a complete tour of STOMP and MQTT, including features not used in the book’s sample apps
Publisher O'Reilly Media
Release Date August 2014
The Mobile & Web Messaging book is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
©2014 Mobile & Web Messaging