iOS Bridge - Rotten Tomatoes Curriculum
Introduction to iOS
This curriculum is designed to help a relatively experienced iOS developer, go through a simple iOS application step by step with students that may have little to no programming experience. This guide is broken up into several sections which are listed below. It is important to note that this is not a step by step guide to making an iOS app. This curriculum is focused on explaining how to teach how to make a simple iOS app.
Make a simple UITableViewController based app that displays a list of data from the Rotten Tomatoes API.
- Class Introductions
- iOS UI Paradigms and Design
- Understanding how Interface Builder Connects with Code
- Using UITableViewController and Prototype Cells
- Interacting with Rotten Tomatoes API
- Downloading Images and Placing Them In Cells
- Nicing up the Code with Swift
- Next Steps