Unreal Engine 4 Plugin
Welcome to mod.io Unreal Engine 4 Plugin. It allows game developers to easily control the browsing and installation of mod files in their games. It provides a C/blueprint interface built on the Unreal Engine to connect to the mod.io API. We have a test environment available which offers developers a private sandbox to try the Unreal Engine 4 Plugin out.
If you are a game developer, first step is to add mod support to your Unreal Engine 4 game. Once mod support is up and running, create your games profile on mod.io, to get an API key and access to all functionality mod.io offers. Next, download the latest UE4 release and unpack it into your project, then head over to the GitHub Wiki and follow the guides to get it running within your game.
Our Unreal Engine 4 plugin is public and open source. Game developers are welcome to utilize it directly, to add support for mods in their games, or fork it for their games customized use. Want to make changes to our plugin? Submit a pull request with your recommended changes to be reviewed.
- Design is public and open source, the repository can be found here.
- API documentation is public and open source, the repository can be found here.
- Browse engine tools, plugins and wrappers created by the community, or share your own.
- Unity Engine plugin, easily manage the browsing and install of mods in Unity Engine games
- Python wrapper, a python wrapper for the mod.io API
- Rust wrapper, rust interface for mod.io
- And more...