"Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist" Achievement Checklist
Author: MoDo_LV, http://modo.lv
Origin: The "home" of this guide is at http://smartguides.info/
This guide is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 international licence. If you don't know what that means, read http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. When using this work in any way, please let me know; and make sure to provide AT LEAST the URL to this guide on http://smartguides.info. Preferrably together with my name and a link to http://modo.lv as well. Thank you.
This is an Achievement guide for "Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist" game on Steam. A spoiler-free guide, created with the purpose of letting you play through the game on your own, but at the same time helping you get all achievements in a single play-through.
There are other guides out there, but I could not find one that had each room with both a simple, short checklist, and a detailed guide in case I got stuck. So I decided to make one.
Before you start
- You only get to explore most rooms once — when you leave, the door closes and locks behind you. The only exceptions are the Weather Control and Backstage rooms, which you go through twice during your play-through.
- It's a good idea to completely uninstall and re-install the game if you've played it before. There are reports online about previous play-throughs affecting achievements, so a clean reinstall is recommended.
- The game will disable earning achievements if you switch to another program (Alt+Tab) or open the Steam overlay (Shift+Tab) during your play-through, so you must stay inside the game from beginning to end. If you have any other programs running in the background that might pop up a window in front of the game or something like that, make sure to close them down. You do not have to disable game's overlay in Steam settings (which would also hide the achievement notifications), but you do need to make sure you don't open it.
- There is a bug that sometimes prevents pretzels from appearing. If that happens try restarting or reinstalling the game.
- Begin The Heist: Awarded automatically upon finishing the game.
- Orange Thief: Pick up the first 7 coins (see "Just Starting Out"), put them in the vending machine, click on the orange label to get a can of orange soda and pick it up.
- Messy Operation: Push over all 3 brooms in the game.
- In The Shadows: Turn of all 3 lamps in the game. One of them will be turned off already, so turn it on and off again to make it count.
- Just Starting Out: Pick up all 38 coins in the game.
- Every Nook and Cranny: Eat all 36 pretzels in the game.
Loading Screens and Waiting
- If you are going for the "Orange Thief" achievement, note that the last two coins you need are on the other side of the door, which locks and closes behind you when you exit. You must stay very close to the doorway while picking up the coins to prevent it from closing.
- One of the pretzels is tied to the bottom of the elevator counterweight (the one that's blocking your way until you pull the lever), you only get one chance to pull the lever and then move immediately towards the counterweight and grab the pretzel before it is lifted out of your reach.
- The final coin in this level is right in front a surprise exit, so approach with caution and make sure you don't accidentally go past it before you've picked it up.
- Loading Screens and Waiting: 2 pretzels, 5 coins
- Publicity and Liaisons Front Desk: lamp, 4 pretzels, 6 coins
- Backstage: broom, 4 pretzels, 3 coins
- Lighting: lamp, 4 pretzels, 2 coins
- Wildlife Preparation: 6 pretzels, 3 coins
- Weather Control: 2 pretzels, 3 coins
- Elevator: broom, lamp, 8 pretzels, 8 coins
- High Concept Miscellaneous Interactions: broom, 5 pretzels, 8 coins
- Backstage (revisited): 1 pretzels
Loading Screens and Waiting
- Pretzels (2): One behind the vending machine, one behind the protest sign.
- Coins (5): Two on the floor in front of the vending machine, one in the vending machine's coin slot, two on the table.
Publicity and Liaisons Front Desk
- Lamp: On the desk with the green telephone.
- Pretzels (4): One on the handle of the door you entered through, one next to the "Strike" poster, one on the chair next to the black telephone, one on the clock next to the "Backstage" door.
- Coins (6): Two on the floor next to the entrance, three on the table around the black phone, one on the staircase leading to the "Backstage" door.
- Broom: Next to the "Garden, Ornamental Walkway Entrance" door.
- Pretzels (4): One behind the curtain next to the entrance, one underneath the brown table, one behind the other curtain, and one behind the broom next to the "Garden, Ornamental Walkway Entrance" door.
- Coins (3): One on the floor in the corner with a single paint bucket, two on the floor underneath the second curtain.
- Lamp: On the table next to the whiteboard.
- Pretzels (4): One underneath the shelf, on the left side of the entry stairs, one underneath the electricity box with "Danger" sign on it, one behind the pillar next to the power switch, and one between the shelved boxes across from the "Props and Costumes" door.
- Coins (2): One on the cardboard box next to the casette tape, one on the floor next to the chair.
- Pretzels (6): Three in the leaves of the potted tree next to the entrance, one on the green stage light, one stuck between the left side of the tiger container and the wall, and one on the floor behind the "First Floor Mezzanine, Bookcase Entrance" door (push the switch on the right to open it).
- Coins (3): One on the floor next to the stage light, two on the floor in front of the "First Floor Mezzanine, Bookcase Entrance" door.
- Pretzels (2): One behind the pipe next to the umbrella, one hanging in front of the fan
- Coins (3): One on the floor next to a pipe, one in the corner next to the door.
- Broom: Next to the bottom of the entrance stairs.
- Lamp: On your way up the stairs, after the green lights.
- Pretzels (8): One on the door that you entered through, one on the fan near the entrance, one on the cardboard box next to the bottom of the stairs, one in the gap under the elevator drawing, one underneath the counterweight, one on the door at the bottom of the second staircase, one tangled in the green lights, one on the railing next to the "CAUTION. High Pressure" sign.
- Coins (8): One on the floor and one on the chair next to the bottom of the entrance stairs, one on the floor to the right of the "elevator" alcove, two on the floor in front of the "Goodbye" mat, one on the stairs where the green lights are touching the step, one on the left side of the walkway at the top of the stairs and one on the right side some distance further on.
High Concept Miscellaneous Interactions
- Broom: Next to the entrance door.
- Pretzels (5): One on the floor in front of the entrance door, one underneath the electricity box next to the entrance door, one on the landing illuminated by the blue stage light, one on the "For Your Safety" sign (at the cubicle entrance), one behind the numeric panel.
- Coins (8): One on the floor next to the entry door, one on the landing illuminated by the blue stage light, one on the steps very near the top of the stairs, two on the floor in the corner at the top of the stairs, one on and one under the table with the blue phone, and one on the floor next to the yellow leather chair.
- Pretzels (1): On the floor immediately behind the now open "Garden, Ornamental Walkway Entrance" door.