Amazon S3 Media Source for MODX Revolution
What are Media Sources? https://docs.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/media-sources
- CRUD (create, read, update and delete) for files and folders
- Rename files and folders, #7
- Move/Drag files and folders within the same Media Source, #7
- Limit an S3 Media Source to sub directory/folder of a given Bucket. #5
- Works with static sites with custom domains, example: assets.example.com
Download the latest release and install via Package Manager
- Then in the MODX Manager go to Media -> Media Sources -> Create New Media Source
- Fill in the Required options
- url The URL to the Amazon S3 instance. Often http://myaccount.s3.amazonaws.com/, https://s3.amazonaws.com/myaccount/ or if you have set up a custom domain https://assets.example.com/. Make sure the url ends with a slash.
- bucket The bucket to connect the source to. About buckets: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/UsingBucket.html
- key The Amazon key used for authentication to the bucket. Find your key: https://aws.amazon.com/developers/access-keys/
- secret_key The Amazon secret key for authentication to the bucket.
- region like us-west-1 Find your region: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/rande.html#s3_region