Welcome to OData2Poco
OData2Poco is a code generation tool for generating plain-old CLR objects (POCO) from OData feeds. POCO classes can be used in a typed RESTful client OData services and code generation can be controlled by setting many options.
The new features in the next major pump v5:
- New feature: Generating class with init-only property, the new feature in c# 9.
- New feature: Generating record type, the new feature in c# 9.
- New feature: Generating OpenApi specification as json or yaml file.
- Moving o2pgen cli console tool from net45 to net472, issue# 44
How to use the new features: read wiki
The nightly packages can be downloaded from myget.org
Announcing a new release: V4.3.1
Odata2Poco v4.3.1 is released on 2022-08-11 with new features implemented for request #43: Enable code generation that support nullable reference type of c#8 by adding new option -B/--enable-nullable-reference.
- Allow reading remote metadata http(s) xml files.
- Moving Solution to .Net 6.
How to use the new feature: read wiki
OData2Poco is available in three flavers:
- A Console tool: OData2Poco.CommandLine (a.k.a o2pgen).
- A .Net Core Global tool dotnet-o2pgen support NET5.
- A class library: support NET5/netstandard2.0/net45/net461.
|Build server||Platform||Build status|
|Travis||Linux / OS X|
Features of OData2Poco
- Generate POCO classes corresponding to the Entities defined in the XML MetaData stored in OData Feeds.
- Generation is based on the Metadata of the service stored on the server/ EDMX xml files or xml string contents.
- Support http(s) with/without authentication. The Supported autherizations are: basic, token and Oauth2.
- Console CommandLine tool Support .NET 4.5 or higher.
- Class library Support NET5/netstandard2.0/net461/net45.
- Support Windows or Linux /OS fx (net core)
- Packaged as a nuget package in three different packages:
- A Class library full framework/ netstandard2.0 /NET5 for programming.
- A console CommandLine tool (one executable file o2pgen.exe)
- Global net core support NET5 (dotnet-o2pgen).
- Console tool o2pgen is published as a Chocolatey package.
- Generating CSharp POCO classes. Other languages may be added in the near future based on the community needs.
- Convert Data type of EDMX to the corresponding CLR data types.
- Support Entites, complex data type, Collections and navigation properties.
- Support OData service version V1..V4
- Code generation is controlled by setting different options:
Add the following attributes: - Add Key Attributes. - Add Required Attributes to the properties. - Add JsonProperty Attribute to the properties. - Add Table Attribute to the class. - Add DataMember Attribute to the properties and DataContract Attribute to the class. - Add display attribute to the properties. - Add ProtoMember to the properties and ProtoContract to the class to suport Proto Buffer. - Add user defined attribute for the properties.
Adding virtual modifier to the properties.
Convert name of properties to camelCase or PasCase
Add nullable datatypes, e.g. int?.
Generate (or not) navigation properties.
Generated class follows inheritance hierarchy of OData feed (unless switched-off).
Generated class can inherit from a common BaseClass/interface.
Define namespace to overwrite the namespace of the model.
Name Mapping of Entities and properties using json file with regex support.
- Add primary key/mandatory comments to the properties of the class.
- Rename class/properties that have a name match a c# reserved keyword.
- Save metadata and generated code to a user defined file name.
- Support colored console windows /linux /OS fx.
- Support Microsoft.OData.Edm library version 7.5+ (OData v4).
- Support Microsoft.Data.Edm library (OData v1-v3).
Features added in V3.2.0:
- New: Support Windows NTLM authentication(Thanks to @lobster2012-user for help).
- New: Support Microsoft Digest authentication.
- New: Support Integrated Windows Authentication, enabling users to log in with their Windows credentials (Issue#19).
- New: Add jsonProperty(originalName) to properties that are renamed because its name is the same as its enclosing type.
- New: Show/hide model warning due to renaming properties/classes whose name is a reserved keyword.
- New: Support abstract class.
- New: support complex type inheritance
- New: Add attribute [MaxLength] for max length of string/byte properties.
- Convert EDM.TIME in Odata v3 to TimeSpan.
- Support multi schema.
- Support multi containers in OData v3.
NetCore Global tool NET5 named dotnet-o2pgen.
Can be installed from Nuget Gallery:
dotnet tool install --global OData2Poco.dotnet.o2pgen
Console application named o2pgen.
Can be installed from Nuget Gallery:
From Chocolatey Gallery:
choco install odata2poco-commandline
3) OData2Poco Class library:
Support NET5/netstandard2.0/net461/net45. Can be installed from Nuget Gallery
Try demo Application in NET5 Online
Try dotnet Global Tool:
Install from nuget gallary, run the command:
dotnet o2pgen -r http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/ For help type: dotnet o2pgen --help
Consol net45 tool:
o2pgen -r http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/
Note: The same options are available for dotnet Global tool or Console tool