In order to use the Topotext tool, you must follow the following steps:
- Press the Browse button in order to choose your needed .txt novel.
- Select a location to study.
- Highlight the location throughout the text by clicking on the highlight button.
- Enter the distance you want to be highlighted around the cloud and click on the Highlight with Distance button.
- Traverse between the locations using the next and previous buttons.
- Generate local word clouds on every highlighted location by pressing on the Generate Word Cloud button. Make sure you are connected to the internet in order to view your cloud.
- Generate a global word cloud from all the words in the distances around all the occurrences of the location in the text.
- Click on the Show Map button in order to visualize all the locations that appeared in the novel.
- If you want to see the locations in a certain country, you can select it from the bottom of the frame. Make sure you are connected to the internet in order to view your map.
- Every time you press on highlight location, the most frequent word automatically appears at the bottom of your frame.
#Licensing Please see the file called LICENSE.
#Authors Bilal Abi Farraj, David Wrisley, Houda Nasser, Julia El Zini, Mohamad Jaber, Randa El Khatib, Shadia Barada, Wassim El-Hajj and Yasmin Kadah.
If you need any further help, please contact us on: