utilspie : Utilities for Python
What is utilspie?
Utilspie is a Python library that offers a sensible, human-friendly utilities which do not come along with Python installation. Utilspie is categorized into 5 modules:
- asyncutils: utilities for asynchronous call/threads
- fileutils: utilities related to file operations/manipulations
- iterutils: utilities for iterators. Inspired by itertools package
- collectionsutils: provides data objects not present in collections package
- importutils: utilities related to importing the modules
utilspie is available on pypi. To install, run:
$ pip install utilspie
For using the utilspie, you have to import the package utilspie and call it's function as:
from utilspie import iterutils # OR, from utilspie.iterutils import get_chunks iterutils.get_chunks([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], 2) <generator object <genexpr> at 0x1018fab40> # returns generator object list(iterutils.get_chunks([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], 2)) [[1, 2], [3, 4], [5, 6]]
Contains utility functions for asynchronous calls.
Contains utility functions for files related operations.
Contains utility functions for iterables. It is inspired by itertools package.
Contains additional data objects not available as in-built in Python. This is inspired by collections module.
Contains utilites related to importing the modules.
Didn't find what you want?
Are you looking for something which you think should be the part of utilspie but is not currently present? Feel free to mention it by opening a issue. We will take a look at it, and will implement it if it's a good fit.
How to Contribute?
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug.
- Fork the repository on GitHub to start making your changes to the master branch (or branch off of it).
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.