Active Scaffold plugin for CSV exports.
This Active Scaffold plugin provides a configurable CSV 'Export' action for Active Scaffold controllers.
You can use active_scaffold_export with the latest Rails 3, but you'll need to also install the vhochstein port of active_scaffold.
$ rails plugin install git://github.com/vhochstein/active_scaffold.git
In your Gemfile:
- Uses FasterCSV for CSV generation
- Works with Rails 3 (thanks vhochstein!)
- Scales to many, many records (thanks Alexander Malysh!)
- Let the user pick which columns to export.
- Download full lists or just a single page.
- Don't like commas? No problem, uses your favorite delimiter!
- Don't need no stinkin' headers? Drop 'em.
active_scaffold :users do |config| actions.add :export # this is required, all other configuration is optional export.columns = [ :id, :email, :created_at ] # uses list columns by default export.allow_full_download = false # defaults to true export.show_form = true # whether to show customization form or not, default to true export.force_quotes = true # defaults to false export.default_deselected_columns = [ :created_at ] # optional export.default_delimiter = ';' # defaults to ',' export.default_skip_header = true # defaults to false export.default_full_download = false # defaults to true end
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Mojo Tech, LLC. See MIT-LICENSE for details.