😷 Face Mask Browser Extension
An extension that puts masks on faces on the internet (only works on Chrome).
Beware: This extension is a proof of concept and really slows down your browser (and also destroys several sites).
Try it out
In order to try the extension you can load the unpacked version in your Chrome browser by following these steps:
- Download or clone this repository
chrome://extensionsin the address bar
- Enable the
Developer Modeswitch in the top right corner
- Click the
Load Unpacked Extension…utton
- Select the directory
extension/chromeof this repository
How it works
- Check site for images and wrap them with a div
- Observe these wrapped images with IntersectionObserver
- When an image appears in the viewport, check if there are faces on it using face-api
- If there are faces add a canvas to the wrapper and draw the masks with this drawMask function
You need Node.js in order to modify this extension.
npm run dev:chrome