FakeGitHub is my take on replicating the GitHub UI using the GitHub API. The original project spec can be found here.
- Learn to consume data from third-party APIs
- Continue to emphasize performance, UI, and overall user experience
- Continue using TDD to drive all layers of development
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to produce quality code and product
- This project will be completed individually over a period of 4 days.
- Use an Omniauth authentication library for authenticating users with the 3rd-party service.
- Mimic the interface functionality of one online service from the list below.
- Consume an external API to get real data and interact with a third-party service.
- Do NOT use a gem to communicate with the external API (Omniauth is OK)
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
Clone the project
$ git clone https://github.com/mollybrown/FakeGitHub
Run Bundler to install all dependencies specified in the project Gemfile
$ bundle install $ bundle exec figaro install
Add any applicable API keys/tokens to the config/application.yml file
Setup the test and development databases and add seed data
$ rake db:create $ rake db:migrate
Start the Rails server
$ rails s
Finally, navigate to localhost:3000 in your favorite browser to sign in to FakeGitHub!
Running the tests
To run the test suite, run rspec from the project root directory:
$ path/to/project/root rspec