What is this?
diagram-autobuild improves the efficiency of the making diagrams. diagram-autobuild is supporting the following tools.
- graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org/)
- blockdiag (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/blockdiag)
- nwdiag (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/nwdiag)
- actdiag (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/actdiag)
- seqdiag (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/seqdiag)
- ERAlchemy (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ERAlchemy)
If you make a diagram, you usually do the following cycle.
- Edit the source (e.g. *.dot)
- Build the diagram (e.g. execute 'dot' command)
- Open the diagram
- Make sure whether the diagram is your intended (If it isn't so, retry from the first)
This procedure is inefficient and bother you.
Automation: the above procedure between 2 and 3
diagram-autobuild observes the source file. If the source file is modified, rebuild the diagram, and the browser which indicates the diagram is reloaded.
How to install
diagram-autobuild is installed by using pip of Python's package manager.
$ pip install diagram-autobuild
$ pip install git+https://github.com/momijiame/diagram-autobuild.git
How to use
You will be able to use 'diagram-autobuild' command.
$ diagram-autobuild --help Usage: diagram-autobuild [OPTIONS] TOOL SOURCE Options: --tool-opts TEXT Options that are passed to the tool --open-browser / --no-open-browser Open your default browser when the command is executed --help Show this message and exit.
Execute 'diagram-autobuild' command with the tool name and the path of source file. (The tool must to be installed already)
$ ls sample.dot $ diagram-autobuild graphviz sample.dot
$ ls sample.diag $ diagram-autobuild blockdiag sample.diag
$ ls sample.er $ diagram-autobuild eralchemy sample.er
If it succeed, open your default browser and you can see the diagram.