How to contribute
Welcome to the Monero Outreach. This directory contains all the final versions of the documents published by the Monero Outreach Workgroup and the documents of the Monero Meetup Kit. You will also find the translation directory.
What do we do? Education and communications around the value of Monero. This involves writing, creating educational material, and completing other general Monero tasks.
Research & Work In Progress
Check out the past compensation model. This EPIC will be closed soon, it has been marked as
Our gitlab: https://gitlab.com/monerooutreach
Please review the translations tips (standardized terms) we expect everyone to follow: Tips for Monero translators.
Follow this instructions (if you are not familiar with Github, check out this tutorial):
- Fork the repository and clone your fork locally.
- The directory
enhas all the latest documents.
- If you are working on a new language, add a
subfolderfor your language in the
/translationsfolder (use country codes for the
subfolders). Copy the .md files you are going to translate from the
enfolder and paste it in the
subfolderyou just created. Use the correct folders for locating your work.
- File Names & Formats:
- File names should be language specific, e.g.
patents_en.mdis the English file ->
patents_fr.mdif the French file.
- All the translated files should be in .md format.
markdownis a lightweight markup language with plain text formatting syntax. It's really easy to use and you can use any text editor to add text. Need help about mastering markdown format? Here is a tutorial.
- When saving changes, remember to add a message to the commit with the document's name, language, and a small description of your work (e.g. "Quickfacts fr translation", "Missing punctuation donttalk PSA pt_Br", etc.).
- When making a Pull Request (PR), remember to put a title that identifies your work, e.g. "How to Buy" - Chinese translation, "Monero Paper Wallet Primer" 'fr' translation.
Gitlab: MO Translations and Reviews
For support and coordination
Monero Outreach Taiga instance.
meetup-kit folder are hosted the documents of the Monero Meetup Kit, which include the flyer with basic info about Monero. Please read the readme file inside the
meetup-kit folder for more info.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International -
Support the project
The Monero Outreach team is continuing to develop innovative ways to make more people aware of Monero and the communities efforts, we are building a very talented team of contributors to help make it happen. Please consider supporting this effort.
Monero Outreach XMR Address: