Monero Gateway for WooCommerce
- Payment validation done through either
monero-wallet-rpcor the xmrchain.net blockchain explorer.
- Validates payments with
cron, so does not require users to stay on the order confirmation page for their order to validate.
- Customers can pay with multiple transactions and are notified as soon as transactions hit the mempool.
- Configurable block confirmations, from
0for zero confirm to
60for high ticket purchases.
- Live price updates every minute; total amount due is locked in after the order is placed for a configurable amount of time (default 60 minutes) so the price does not change after order has been made.
- Hooks into emails, order confirmation page, customer order history page, and admin order details page.
- View all payments received to your wallet with links to the blockchain explorer and associated orders.
- Optionally display all prices on your store in terms of Monero.
- Shortcodes! Display exchange rates in numerous currencies.
- Monero wallet to receive payments - GUI - CLI - Paper
- BCMath - A PHP extension used for arbitrary precision maths
Installing the plugin
- Download the plugin from the releases page or clone with
git clone https://github.com/monero-integrations/monerowp
- Unzip or place the
monero-woocommerce-gatewayfolder in the
- Activate "Monero Woocommerce Gateway" in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- It is highly recommended that you use native cronjobs instead of WordPress's "Poor Man's Cron" by adding
define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);into your
wp-config.phpfile and adding
* * * * * wget -q -O - https://yourstore.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1to your crontab.
Option 1: Use your wallet address and viewkey
This is the easiest way to start accepting Monero on your website. You'll need:
- Your Monero wallet address starting with
- Your wallet's secret viewkey
Then simply select the
viewkey option in the settings page and paste your address and viewkey. You're all set!
Note on privacy: when you validate transactions with your private viewkey, your viewkey is sent to (but not stored on) xmrchain.net over HTTPS. This could potentially allow an attacker to see your incoming, but not outgoing, transactions if they were to get his hands on your viewkey. Even if this were to happen, your funds would still be safe and it would be impossible for somebody to steal your money. For maximum privacy use your own
Option 2: Using
The most secure way to accept Monero on your website. You'll need:
- Root access to your webserver
- Latest Monero-currency binaries
After downloading (or compiling) the Monero binaries on your server, install the systemd unit files or run
tmux. You can skip running
monerod by using a remote node with
monero-wallet-rpc by adding
--daemon-address node.moneroworld.com:18089 to the
Note on security: using this option, while the most secure, requires you to run the Monero wallet RPC program on your server. Best practice for this is to use a view-only wallet since otherwise your server would be running a hot-wallet and a security breach could allow hackers to empty your funds.
Enable / Disable- Turn on or off Monero gateway. (Default: Disable)
Title- Name of the payment gateway as displayed to the customer. (Default: Monero Gateway)
Discount for using Monero- Percentage discount applied to orders for paying with Monero. Can also be negative to apply a surcharge. (Default: 0)
Order valid time- Number of seconds after order is placed that the transaction must be seen in the mempool. (Default: 3600 [1 hour])
Number of confirmations- Number of confirmations the transaction must recieve before the order is marked as complete. Use
0for nearly instant confirmation. (Default: 5)
Confirmation Type- Confirm transactions with either your viewkey, or by using
monero-wallet-rpc. (Default: viewkey)
Monero Address(if confirmation type is viewkey) - Your public Monero address starting with 4. (No default)
Secret Viewkey(if confirmation type is viewkey) - Your private viewkey (No default)
Monero wallet RPC Host/IP(if confirmation type is
monero-wallet-rpc) - IP address where the wallet rpc is running. It is highly discouraged to run the wallet anywhere other than the local server! (Default: 127.0.0.1)
Monero wallet RPC port(if confirmation type is
monero-wallet-rpc) - Port the wallet rpc is bound to with the
--rpc-bind-portargument. (Default 18080)
Testnet- Check this to change the blockchain explorer links to the testnet explorer. (Default: unchecked)
SSL warnings- Check this to silence SSL warnings. (Default: unchecked)
Show QR Code- Show payment QR codes. (Default: unchecked)
Show Prices in Monero- Convert all prices on the frontend to Monero. Experimental feature, only use if you do not accept any other payment option. (Default: unchecked)
Display Decimals(if show prices in Monero is enabled) - Number of decimals to round prices to on the frontend. The final order amount will not be rounded and will be displayed down to the nanoMonero. (Default: 12)
This plugin makes available two shortcodes that you can use in your theme.
Live price shortcode
This will display the price of Monero in the selected currency. If no currency is provided, the store's default currency will be used.
[monero-price] [monero-price currency="BTC"] [monero-price currency="USD"] [monero-price currency="CAD"] [monero-price currency="EUR"] [monero-price currency="GBP"]
1 XMR = 123.68000 USD 1 XMR = 0.01827000 BTC 1 XMR = 123.68000 USD 1 XMR = 168.43000 CAD 1 XMR = 105.54000 EUR 1 XMR = 94.84000 GBP
Monero accepted here badge
This will display a badge showing that you accept Monero-currency.