MongoDB welcomes community contributions! If you’re interested in making a contribution to MongoDB Compass, please follow the steps below before you start writing any code:
- Sign the contributor's agreement. This will allow us to review and accept contributions.
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Create a branch with a name that briefly describes your feature
- Implement your feature or bug fix
- Add new cases to
./teststhat verify your bug fix or make sure no one unintentionally breaks your feature in the future and run them with
- Add comments around your new code that explain what's happening
- Commit and push your changes to your branch then submit a pull request
You can report new bugs by creating a new issue. Please include as much information as possible about your environment.