Please note that we are no longer testing the bson library with JRuby on our continuous integration testing platform. We do, however, continue to test with JRuby on TravisCI and encourage users to still report any issues using JRuby.
This release contains all changes from the 4.3.0.beta version, plus the following:
This is a beta release of the upcoming 4.3.0 version.
The changes include:
This is the first release candidate that supports MongoDB server version 3.4.
It contains the following changes and new features:
- Renamed extension to bson_native
- docs now contained in bson gem repo
- Avoid warning that variable is not initialized (@qbantek)
- Add BSON::ObjectId#to_time as alias to #generation_time (@oss92)
- RUBY-1098 Support Decimal128 type.
- Support serializing/deserializing OpenStruct objects. (@adimitrov)
- RUBY-1124 Allow instantiating Int64 and Int32 objects and serializing them explicitly.
BSON can now be configured to validate keys, this defaults to
false but if set to
BSON::String::IllegalKey exception will get raised for keys that contain a '.' or start with '$':
BSON::Config.validating_keys = true