mongo-c-driver is a project that includes two libraries:
- libmongoc, a client library written in C for MongoDB.
- libbson, a library providing useful routines related to building, parsing, and iterating BSON documents.
If libmongoc is not needed, it is possible to build and install only libbson.
Documentation / Support / Feedback
The documentation is available at http://mongoc.org/. For issues with, questions about, or feedback for libmongoc, please look into our support channels. Please do not email any of the libmongoc developers directly with issues or questions - you're more likely to get an answer on the MongoDB Community Forums.
Bugs / Feature Requests
Think you’ve found a bug? Want to see a new feature in libmongoc? Please open a case in our issue management tool, JIRA:
- Create an account and login.
- Navigate to the CDRIVER project.
- Click Create Issue - Please provide as much information as possible about the issue type and how to reproduce it.
Bug reports in JIRA for all driver projects (i.e. CDRIVER, CSHARP, JAVA) and the Core Server (i.e. SERVER) project are public.
How To Ask For Help
If you are having difficulty building the driver after reading the below instructions, please post on the MongoDB Community Forums to ask for help. Please include in your post all of the following information:
- The version of the driver you are trying to build (branch or tag).
- Examples: master branch, 1.9.5 tag
- Host OS, version, and architecture.
- Examples: Windows 10 64-bit x86, Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit x86, macOS 10.13
- C Compiler and version.
- Examples: GCC 7.3.0, Visual Studio Community 2017, clang 3.9, XCode 9.3
- The output of any
make, or other commands executed during the build.
- The text of the error you encountered.
Failure to include the relevant information will delay a useful response. Here is a made-up example of a help request that provides the relevant information:
Hello, I'm trying to build the C driver with Kerberos support, from mongo-c-driver-1.9.5.tar.gz. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, 64-bit Intel, with gcc 5.4.0. I run CMake like:$ cmake . -- The C compiler identification is ;GNU 5.4.0 -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works ... SNIPPED OUTPUT, but when you ask for help, include full output without any omissions ... -- Searching for libsasl2 -- Not found (specify -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/sasl/lib for SASL support) CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:10 (_message): SASL not found
Can you tell me what I need to install? Thanks!
If you’ve identified a security vulnerability in a driver or any other MongoDB project, please report it according to the instructions here.
Detailed installation instructions are in the manual: http://mongoc.org/libmongoc/current/installing.html