.NET Driver Version 2.9.0-beta2 Release Notes
This is a beta release for the 2.9.0 version of the driver that will be released with MongoDB server version 4.2.
The main features in 2.9.0-beta2 are:
- Sharded transactions using the same API as replica set transactions
- Convenient API for transactions
- Support for message compression
- SRV polling for mongodb+srv connection scheme
- Retryable reads on by default
- Retryable writes on by default
- Update specification using an aggregation framework pipeline
An online version of these release notes is available at:
The full list of JIRA issues that are currently scheduled to be resolved in this release is available at:
The list may change as we approach the release date.
Documentation on the .NET driver can be found at:
There are no known backwards breaking changes in this release.