The MongoDB Go driver team is pleased to release the first alpha of the official Go driver.
We will be making several alpha releases of the driver. This version, Alpha 1, supports MongoDB versions 3.2.x, 3.4.x, and 3.6.x. Note that the new features of MongoDB 3.6 (e.g. ChangeStreams, Sessions, Retryable Writes, etc...) are not yet supported. This is alpha software, so it is not recommended for production use.
Following semver, the v0 version of the public API should not be considered stable and could change.
If you would like to contribute to development, please read the CONTRIBUTING.md guide.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of supported driver specifications:
- BSON (with Decimal data type)
- Authentication (SCRAM-SHA-1, MONGODB CR, PLAIN, GSSAPI)
- Server Discovery and Monitoring
- Server Selection
- Read and Write Concern
- MongoDB Handshake
- TCP Keepalive
- Initial DNS Seedlist Discovery
- Connection String
- CRUD (except for Bulk Write)
- Find, getMore and killCursors commands
- Out aggregation pipeline operator
- Server write commands