mongo-perl-driver is the official client-side driver for talking to MongoDB with Perl.
It is free software released under the Apache 2.0 license and available on CPAN under the
See INSTALL.md for more detailed installation instructions.
How to Ask for Help
If you are having difficulty building the driver after reading the below instructions, please email the mongodb-user mailing list to ask for help. Please include in your email all of the following information:
- The version of the driver you are trying to build (branch or tag).
- Examples: maint-v0 branch, v0.704.2.0 tag
- The output of perl -V
- How your version of perl was built or installed.
- Examples: plenv, perlbrew, built from source
- The error you encountered. This may be compiler, Config::AutoConf, or other output.
Failure to include the relevant information will result in additional round-trip communications to ascertain the necessary details, delaying a useful response.
How to Contribute
The code for
mongo-perl-driver is hosted on GitHub at:
If you would like to contribute code, documentation, tests, or bugfixes, follow these steps:
- Fork the project on GitHub.
- Clone the fork to your local machine.
- Make your changes and push them back up to your GitHub account.
- Send a "pull request" with a brief description of your changes, and a link to a JIRA ticket if there is one.
If you are unfamiliar with GitHub, start with their excellent documentation here:
Working with the Repository
You will need to install Config::AutoConf and Path::Tiny to be able to run the Makefile.PL. While this distribution is shipped using Dist::Zilla, you do not need to install it or use it for testing.
$ cpan Config::AutoConf Path::Tiny $ perl Makefile.PL $ make $ make test