This patch level release of the ruby driver has the following changes:
- RUBY-1279 Refactor Operations
- RUBY-1297 Update server selection tests for read preferences with sharded clusters
- RUBY-1302 Prohibit using unacknowledged writes with explicit sessions
- RUBY-1304 Resync GridFS tests to add test for legacy GridFS, where no filename was set
- RUBY-1313 Deprecate maxScan query option
- RUBY-1314 Deprecate snapshot option
- RUBY-1315 Remove ping before selecting server for a write
- RUBY-1307 Force symbolized config keys
- RUBY-1321 Update documentation to reflect Symbol deprecation
- RUBY-1329 NoMethodError when executing an upsert in a bulk write with write_concern w: 0
- RUBY-1243 Test wire version overlap logic
- RUBY-1283 Enable and configure TCP keepalive by default.
- RUBY-1300 Decrease likelihood of implicit session leaks.
- RUBY-1278 Verify that percents are encoded in connection string creds and rsync connection string common driver tests
- RUBY-1294 Associate a session pool with a cluster instead of a client.
- RUBY-1291 Use an ENV variable to skip tests relying on external connection.
- RUBY-1284 Require Forwardable module explicitly in
- RUBY-1285 Use socket address to initialize ipv4 resolver when host is localhost.
- RUBY-1275 Add pipeline example to ChangeStream spec (for docs)
- Use EventSubscriber singleton and common subscribed client in tests
This is the Ruby driver release supporting the 3.6 version of the MongoDB server.
Please note that support for MongoDB server version 2.4 has been dropped with this release.
Also note that we are no longer testing the driver with JRuby on our continuous integration testing platform. We do, however, continue to test with JRuby on TravisCI and encourage users to still report any issues using JRuby with the driver.
This version has all the changes documented for version 2.5.0.beta in addition to the following:
- RUBY-1205 Support version 3.6 of the MongoDB server
- RUBY-1246 Add support for a "comment" parameter to the aggregate command
- RUBY-1254 Improve server compatibility error messages for wire version checks
- RUBY-1263 Make server description update logging less noisy
- RUBY-1264 Find and aggregate explain should also send session id
- RUBY-1230 Causally Consistent Reads support
- RUBY-1245 Implement Initial DNS Seedlist discovery spec
- RUBY-1242 Implement Database Enumeration spec (@ryuichi7)
- RUBY-1229 Support retryable writes
- RUBY-1234 Improve MapReduce API
- RUBY-1241 Don't cache IP addresses and update logic for determining primary member
- RUBY-1273 Implement #inspect on ChangeStream, Session, ServerSession, SessionPool
- RUBY-1237 Drop support for MongoDB 2.4
- RUBY-741 Support minPoolSize and maxIdleTimeMS
- Improve and update Mongo::Client options documentation
- URI unescape unix domain socket path (@Fudoshiki)
This is a beta release of the upcoming 2.5.0 driver version supporting MongoDB server version 3.6.
It is not recommended for production use but please try it out in your testing environments with development releases of server 3.6.
It has the following changes and new features:
- RUBY-1240 Fix warning message about forwarding a private method.
- RUBY-1239 Send seeds as last argument to ReplicaSet Topology #new.
- RUBY-1236 Parse localLogicalSessionTimeoutMinutes from isMaster response
- RUBY-1235 Fix documentation for Collection#find
- RUBY-1228 Support ChangeStreams
- RUBY-1227 Check both min_pool_size and max_pool_size and raise a more helpful error.
- RUBY-1226 Implement drivers session API
- RUBY-1225 Support OP_MSG
- RUBY-1224 Array update improvements
- RUBY-1216 Support OP_COMPRESSED
- RUBY-1214 Add index hint to aggregation and non-materialized views.
- RUBY-1220 Username and password must be URI-escaped.
- RUBY-1222 Driver does not properly fall back to IPv4 if IPv6 is not available.
- RUBY-1223 Make SDAM debug logging to be less noisy. (@rinmu)
- RUBY-1125 Document how connection pooling works in the driver.