Contributing to the driver
- Before starting to write code, look for existing tickets or create one for your specific issue. That way you avoid working on something that might not be of interest or that has been addressed already in a different branch.
- Fork the repo or for small documentation changes, navigate to the source on github and click the Edit button.
- Follow the general coding style of the rest of the project:
- 2 space tabs
- no trailing whitespace
- comma last
- inline documentation for new methods, class members, etc
- 0 space between conditionals/functions, and their parenthesis and curly braces
- Write tests and make sure they pass (execute
make testfrom the cmd line to run the test suite).
To contribute to the API documentation just make your changes to the inline documentation of the appropriate source code in the master branch and submit a pull request. You might also use the github Edit button.
If you'd like to preview your documentation changes, first commit your changes to your local master branch, then execute
make generate_docs. Make sure you have the python documentation framework sphinx installed
easy_install sphinx. The docs are generated under `docs/build'. If all looks good, submit a pull request to the master branch with your changes.