This release is the last major release of 2018. It contains major new features and enhancements, including the ability to upload photos.
This version requires to run migrations (
php artisan migrate).
There are 4 new ENV variables that need to be set if you want to take advantages of the new features introduced in this version.
ENABLE_GEOLOCATION: enables the translation of addresses into longitude/latitude automatically. This is necessary for the weather feature (see below).
LOCATION_IQ_API_KEY: the API key for LocationIQ, which is used to translate addresses to get GPS coordinates. LocationIQ provides a very generous free plan that anyone can use.
ENABLE_WEATHER: enables to display the current weather on a contact profile page.
DARKSKY_API_KEY: the API key for Darksky which provides the weather data.
Of course, no personal information is ever transmitted to external services.
- add ability to create tasks that are not linked to contacts (#2067 - thanks to djaiss).
- allow editing of phone calls (#2134 - thanks to djaiss).
- add ability to indicate who initiated a phone call (#2143 - thanks to djaiss).
- add foundation to support emotions and ability to log emotions during a phone call (#2144 - thanks to djaiss).
- add ability to upload photos (#2132 - thanks to djaiss).
- add ability to add gps coordinates to addresses (#2160 - thanks to djaiss).
- add a service that geocodes addresses (#2162 - thanks to djaiss).
- add recovery codes (#2120 - thanks to asbiin).
- add support for weather (#2178 - thanks to djaiss).
- include apache.conf example for ssl configuration (#2047 - thanks to DanTulovsky).
- update mobile instructions install (#2060 - thanks to asbiin).
- add .well-known urls (#2061 - thanks to asbiin).
- accept variants of languages (#2098 - thanks to asbiin).
- remove limitation on date when creating an activity (#2133 - thanks to djaiss).
- add the concept of places (#2169 - thanks to djaiss).
- move currency seeding to a seeder class (#1956 - thanks to pschmidt88).
- refactor contact management with services (#2168 - thanks to djaiss).
- improve locationiq search query (#2184 - thanks to asbiin).
- add unsigned integers to emotion_call foreign keys (#2185 - thanks to djaiss).
- exclude partials from contact limit (#2058 - thanks to tbirrell).
- display avatars in search (#2075 - thanks to asbiin).
- add heroku update documentation (#2083 - thanks to tomgs).
- fix documents not displayed on Storage page (#2094 - thanks to djaiss).
- profile edit cancel button text alignment on narrow screens (#2097 - thanks to Venhaus).
- fix dashboard stats spacing (#2110 - thanks to Venhaus).
- put back the missing image on the dashboard (#2117 - thanks to djaiss).
- fix using node.js version 10 (#2118 - thanks to asbiin).
- fix VCard import without firstname (#2093 - thanks to asbiin).
- fix activity buttons spacing (#1964 - thanks to andreasjacobsen93).
- add asset tags to resources so they load properly in non-root directories (#2115 - thanks to bendauphinee).
- fix vcard export/import support (#2084 - thanks to asbiin).
- fix incompatibility with PostgreSQL in people search (#2055 - thanks to LorenzoAncora).
- add conversation add/update flash messages (#2066 - thanks to mccollam).
- fix editing relationship not working (#2121 - thanks to djaiss).
- fix Set Tag api method which deleted existing tags (#2122 - thanks to djaiss).
- change contact list class to allow following link (#2124 - thanks to mccollam).
- make FakeContentTableSeeder runnable several times (#2099 - thanks to AdrienPoupa).
- reduce the number of queries in the dashboard by eager loading the contacts (#2138 - thanks to AdrienPoupa).
- Fix Vue app initialisation (#2186 - thanks to asbiin).