Monica version checking
If you install Monica on a server that you own, chances are that you will want to be aware when a new version is available. This is what this tool does. In short:
- it does wait for a daily ping from Monica's instances
- the ping contains a UUID, the current version and the number of contacts in the instance
- in return, the tool sends
- if a new version is available as a boolean
- what is the latest version available
- all the release notes for each release that has been made since the version of the ping
- the number of versions available since the version of the ping.
This information will be displayed to the instance owner inside Monica.
You can support the development of Monica on Patreon. Thanks for your help.
If you need to talk, you can contact me at regis AT monicahq DOT com. You can also reach me on Twitter.
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Regis Freyd
Licensed under the AGPL License