M3 => MMM => Monitis Monitor Manager
This is a utility that would help you to manage monitors in Monitis.
- Run.pl - Executes all agents, then sends the monitoring data to Monitis.
- DryRun.pl - Same as Run.pl, however does not send monitoring data to Monitis. Can be used to debug your parsing.
- TimerRun.pl - Runs M3 in a loop using timers to schedule invocation of monitors
- TimerDryRun.pl - Same as TimerRun.pl but does not send monitoring data to Monitis.
- RunMassLoad.pl - Operates on the output line by line, very useful for mass loading of data obtained from log files.
- DryRunMassLoad.pl - Same as RunMassLoad.pl but goes with a dry run.\
- NagiosToM3Converter.pl will convert a nagios configuration to M3 - still work in progress
- RRD/munin_xml_generator - Creates a M3 configuration from munin data
Any of these scripts can be composed by yourself, it's a simple perl line.
M3 has a plugin architecture. 3 types of plugins exist:
- Compute And they sit in the Execution, Parsing and Compute directories respectively.
- Execution plugins - Collecting output
- Parsing plugins - picking the interesting data
- Compute plugins - Post processing and transformation of data
- Loading data to Monitis
Inspecting the simplest example of M3 - etc_file_monitor.xml it'll execute the command:
# find /etc -maxdepth 1 -type f | wc -l
In order to collect the output and upload to Monitis you have to form a
regular expression, in this example it is:
<regex>(.*)</regex> Anything enclosed in parenthesis would be collected by the regular expression plugin.
Learn more about Montis Monitor Manager Framework here.