Just a CMS that is now open for business. All the good stuff is happening over on the v1-wip branch.
Need to rewrite and clean up this section.
The requirements are simple. Apache 2+ and PHP 5+. PEAR and Memcache are recommended but not required. cwCMS will not work in a sub directory. It must be the root domain or a subdomain.
- Keeping the directory structure upload the files to your server. Remember, upload them to the directory just outside your public_html. This is important to the setup. NOTE: Backup your public_html if you already have files inside. Be sure and double check that all hidden files and folders were also uploaded (might have to show hidden files if your OS is hiding them). When copying on the command line, make sure that you copy the .pear/ and the .smarty/ directories as a cp ~/oldpath/* ~/newpath won't copy those folders.
- When moving the CMS be sure include the hidden folders. (.compiled, .pear, .smarty)
- If your host/server does not use public_html to store the files, no problem. Just rename the public_html from the repository.
- Make the following directories writable (CHMOD 777): ./.compiled/ and ./public_html/uploads/
- Rename ./inc_config_example.php to ./inc_config.php
- The CMS will guide you through the rest of the setup just visit http://yourdomain.com/admin/.
- James Fleeting @fleetingftw
- John Hoover @defvayne23