Monkey is a fast and lightweight Web Server for Linux. It has been designed to be very scalable with low memory and CPU consumption, the perfect solution for Embedded Linux and high end production environments.
Besides the common features as HTTP server, it expose a flexible C API which aims to behave as a fully HTTP development framework, so it can be extended as desired through the plugins interface.
For more details please refer to the official documentation.
- HTTP/1.1 Compliant
- Hybrid Networking Model: Asynchronous mode + fixed Threads
- Indented configuration style
- Versatile plugin subsystem / API
- x86, x86_64 & ARM compatible
- More features:
- Basic Auth
- Log writer
- Directory Listing
- Much more!
- Embeddable as a shared library
When building Monkey it needs:
- CMake >= 2.8
- Glibc >= 2.5
- GNU C Compiler >= 3.2
Monkey requires the following components on runtime:
- Linux Kernel >= 2.6.32
- Pthreads support
Writing Scalable Web Services
Monkey is an open organization so we want to hear about you, we continue growing and you can be part of it!, you can reach us at:
- Mailing list: http://lists.monkey-project.com
- IRC: irc.freenode.net #monkey
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/monkeywebserver
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Monkey-HTTP-Daemon-3211216
- Freecode: http://freecode.com/projects/monkey (R.I.P)
If you want to get involved, please also refer to our Contributing guidelines.
Eduardo Silva firstname.lastname@example.org