Welcome to the MonoGame Project
MonoGame is a free implementation of the XNA 4.0 Framework. It can be used with all Mono compilers and with Visual Studio.
Our goal is to allow XNA developers on Windows, Xbox 360 & Windows Phone 7 to port their games to other platforms with minimal hassle, and to provide a great managed framework for new developers on the supported platforms. Platforms supported by MonoGame include
- iOS (including Retina displays)
- Windows (OpenGL, a DirectX 11 version is currently in development)
- Mac OS X
- Windows Store Apps (for Windows 8 and Windows RT)
- Windows Phone 8
- PlayStation Mobile (currently 2D only)
- OUYA, an Android-based gaming console
For further information, visit the MonoGame website.
- The MonoGame 2.x series is now in maintenance mode.
- MonoGame 3.0 will mark the start of full support for the entire XNA API.
- The Content Build Pipeline is currently under development. This will allow compiling of assets to optimized formats for the MonoGame supported platforms in Visual Studio or MonoDevelop without requiring XNA Game Studio 4.0 installed.
- Add more platforms. SuperGiant Games have a version working in Google Chrome Native Client which we will merge back into our tree. Raspberry Pi has been shown to be working, but still needs some work.