Webdoc is the web container for monodoc. It normally includes:
- a header
- a footer
- a navigation tree
- the monodoc iframe
Each webdoc instance consists of a skin (theme, chrome) and several plugins.
Plugins are located in the plugins directory. The plugins currently available are:
- iframe: helps size the iframe correctly in your webdoc instance. Recommended unless you want to use your own code for that
- sidebar: left navigation tree. Again, recommended unless you feel like writign and wiring up your own (good luck!)
- fast search: searches while you type
- full search: returns a page of search results (
search.html). Can be styled however you like.
Skins are located in the skins directory. Each skin consists of:
- additional css and js (usually placed in the
- images folder (optional)
How to Use
Making a new instance of webdoc is easy. First, you need to edit web.config to point to the location of your monodoc source root.
MonodocRootDir -> monodoc source root
Next, throw your skin into the skins directory (or use one that's already there).
plugins.def file, uncommenting the plugins you want to use, and setting the location of your skin.