Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine
What is Giada?
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design.
- Multi-thread/multi-core support.
- 32-bit floating point audio engine.
- ALSA, JACK + Transport, CoreAudio, ASIO and DirectSound full support.
- Unlimited number of channels controlled via computer keyboard.
- Different playback modes and combinations.
- BPM and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine.
- Built-in wave editor.
- VST and VSTi (instrument) plugin support.
- MIDI input and output support.
- Live sampler from external inputs.
- Live quantizer.
- Piano Roll editor.
- Action recorder.
- Patch-based system.
- Support for all major uncompressed file formats.
- A constant stage of development.
- 100% open-source GPL.
Giada is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Take a look at the COPYING file for further informations.
Docs are available online on the official website
Bugs, requests and questions for non-developers
End users forum
Giada is Copyright (C) 2010-2015 by Giovanni A. Zuliani | Monocasual
Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.