Giada - Your Hardcore Loop Machine | Official website: giadamusic.com |
What is Giada?
Giada is an open source, minimalistic and hardcore music production tool. Designed for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians.
✦✦✦ See Giada in action! ✦✦✦
- Your sample player! Load samples from your crates and play them with a computer keyboard or a MIDI controller;
- Your loop machine! Build your performance in real time by layering audio tracks or MIDI events, driven by the main sequencer;
- Your song editor! Write songs from scratch or edit existing live recordings with the powerful Action Editor, for a fine-tuned control;
- Your live recorder! Record sounds from the real world and MIDI events coming from external devices or other apps;
- Your FX processor! Process samples or audio/MIDI input signals with VST instruments from your plug-ins collection;
- Your MIDI controller! Control other software or synchronize physical MIDI devices by using Giada as a MIDI master sequencer.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design;
- multi-thread/multi-core support;
- 32-bit floating point audio engine;
- ALSA, JACK + Transport, CoreAudio, ASIO and DirectSound full support;
- unlimited number of channels (optionally controllable via computer keyboard);
- BPM and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine;
- MIDI input and output support, featuring custom MIDI lightning messages;
- super-sleek, built-in Wave Editor for audio samples and Piano Roll editor for MIDI messages;
- automatic quantizer;
- portable project storage system, based on super-hackable JSON files;
- support for all major uncompressed file formats;
- test-driven development style supported by GitHub Actions and Catch
- under a constant stage of development;
- 100% open-source GPL v3.
Giada is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Take a look at the COPYING file for further information.
Documentation is available online in the user guide page.
An ever-growing collection of tutorials (both text and video) and live demos is available in the tutorials & media page.
Found a typo or a terrible mistake? Feel free to clone the website repository and send us your pull requests.
Build Giada from source
We do our best to make the compilation process as simple as possible. You can find all the information in the compiling from source chapter from the user guide.
Bugs, requests and questions for non-developers
Feel free to ask anything in the discussions area.
Giada is Copyright (C) 2010-2022 by Giovanni A. Zuliani | Monocasual Laboratories
Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Giada - Your Hardcore Loopmachine. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.