👋 - it's me, Tom
I'm a Field Engineer at Grafana Labs where I specialise in helping customers observe their entire stack.
- Tutorial Works - a tech blog and library of tutorials for cloud and software engineers working with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Java and more. I also publish code samples to the tutorialworks GitHub organisation.
- Writing and creating stuff, and building websites.
- DevOps technology and practices: Containers, Kubernetes/OpenShift, CI/CD
- Integration and messaging - Apache Camel and ActiveMQ. I've written a book on Apache Camel for beginners, which is called Apache Camel Step-by-Step.
- Biscuits (especially digestives, bourbon and hobnobs).
I have a couple of dormant projects:
- Live Curtain, a message displayer and countdown clock for your online meetings
- Apoll.app, a way to create and share super-simple, anonymous, expiring polls