instructions for tasmania show
- plug mac mini, msi pc, apple router and kinect2 to the power.
- connect mac mini and msi pc to the "puppet" network.
- open the network preferences of the mac mini, and look up the ip address.
- open kinect_data processing sketch on the msi pc.
- replace the ipMacbook variable for the current ip address of the mac mini, making sure of using double quotes and dots.
- run the kinect_data processing sketch on the mac mini.
- run the visuals_left processing sketch on the mac mini.
- run the max patch puppet.maxpat on the mac mini.
- run the visuals_right processing sketch on the mac mini.
an audiovisual reactive dance piece by yuli cai, aaron montoya-moraga and donald shorter, done as students at the choreographic interventions class at nyu itp during the 2016 spring semester, taught by mimi yin.
it has been performed during the final show of the choreographic interventions class and at the salamanca moves festival.
hardware and configuration
the original piece ran on 4 computers:
- msi windows machine: connected to a kinect v2 and running processing 3.
- macbook: running processing 3 and creating visuals for the left screen, according to the data received.
- macbook: running processing 3 and creating visuals for the right screen, according to the data received.
- macbook: running max msp 7 and manipulating audio, fed to two ue boom 2 bluetooth speakers.
software and libraries
the following software and its libraries were used:
- processing 3: oscp5, toxiclibs, KinectPV2
- The library toxiclibs could be barely found online now, so we include it in this GitHub page
- The library KinectPV2 from the processing add library page is broken right now, so we also include it in this repository.
- max msp 7