A reusable Django application for managing quotes and testimonials.
It was also made reusable as a reference reusable app for a forthcoming PyMag article.
Out of the box the application provides a list and detail view for
Quote objects and a list view for
Testimonial objects, as well as a template tag for for generating random display of
The application also provides an example project to quickly demo its features.
The reusable app only depends on
The example application depends on:
The below are the instructions for demo-ing the project.
- mkvirtualenv quoteme
- easy_install pip
- cd quoteme
- git clone git://github.com/montylounge/django-quoteme.git
- cd into django-quoteme/example
- pip install -r requirements
- ./manage.py syncdb
- ./manage.py runserver
- open browser → http://127.0.0.1:8000
Integrate into your app
- Add the quoteme directory on your PYTHON
- Add quoteme to the
INSTALLED_APPSsetting of your Django project.
- Add this line to your site’s root URLConf
- execute syncdb to add initial_data