Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
1.4.0 June 26th 2019
- Cross realm support: Added new communication/sync direct channel to allow for cross realm boxing (message the slot1/master).
- Check if we are on the same realm and use alternate direct messaging when we're not.
- Use the new MoLib CreateSecureMessage() and VerifySecureMessage() to create signed secured messages
- We use regular chat whispers as the addon whispers do not work cross realm (!), with a
We forward authenticated, new messages to the channel and we reply with our own known set.
- Loop/misconfiguration(bug) detection
- Limitations in this version (to be improved soon but it's already very usable/big step from 1.3):
- You may need to issue "/dbox m" on the slaves that aren't in master realm if you reload the master
- You may need to type "/dbox show" on the master to copy paste to the out of realm slaves "/dbox init" when changing master
- Implemented issue #15: Reset the EMA team to be exactly the dynamic team, in slot order
- Updated toc for BfA patch 8.2 (still works on classic too!)
- Changed all functions to use : so I spent less time chasing silly error where I called with . instead of : or vice versa
- Changed hashing to be 64 bits (2 32 bits hashes to be precise). It means your previous token will be invalidated (sorry!)
/dbox resetnow takes a mandatory extra argument:
/dbox reset allfor previous all reset behavior and
tokenoptions to clear the team history and the token, respectively.
- Integrated MoLib's LRU for keeping last N masters
- Fixed bug when changing master to longer one, the dbox show would be truncated to old length
- Fixed bug where even on channel comm the data was sent twice
- Improvements on the above
- Your input/suggestions welcome !
- Possibly: Simple status UI (see open issues for ideas https://github.com/mooreatv/DynamicBoxer/issues)
Changes since 1.1.2
1.3.0 June 22nd 2019
/dbox showto show the current master token (Issue #16)
/dbox resetto clear all saved variables (start from scratch) this has similar effect to prexisting /dbox init but
allows to completely clear all state (follow with /reload for it to take effect)
/dbox secretas the token is now handled through ui; adding
set token string from the command line instead of the UI (but /dbox show/init is better)
- Master automatically enables "show token" (/dbox show) when it detects a change in team,
so you can add members/copy existing token. Issue #17.
And it automatically closes the ui popup once the team is complete !
(broadcast the existing since 1.0
/dbox initif you want to change tokens across windows instead of reuse the last one)
- Fixed #18 (bug with extra GetParent():Hide() causing master cancel button to hide UI)
- Cross realm support: Revamped communication/sync to allow for cross realm boxing (message the slot1/master).
Changes since 1.2.0:
1.2.0 June 18th 2019
Revamped simpler yet better and safer setup UI. One time setup is now only 3 broadcast keystrokes:
Ctrl-C , Ctrl-V , Return (copy, paste, enter; that's it !)
Fixed potential issue (as previously cross realm wasn't working anyway) issue with name-realm search and replace
now using MoLib's ReplaceAll which properly escapes all lua gsub characters for literal search and replace.
- Revamped communication/sync to allow for cross realm boxing (message the slot1/master).
1.1.2 June 17th 2019
- Fix issue #10 to allow original isboxer characters to be substring of one another, as well as new team characters
(normalizes team in 2 passes)
- Also address another TODO to remove unnecessary realm when same as self, earlier
- Revamped simpler setup UI. Revamped also the communication/sync to allow for cross realm boxing.
Small bug fix from 1.1.0:
1.1.1 June 13th 2019
- Avoid rejoining the same channel right away while doing /dbox init setup UI (needed to clear a few more state)
Now with enhanced one time setup UI! (and bug fixes for partially present team)
Changes since 1.0.0:
1.1.0 June 12th 2019
- Added optional id/password generator, you can tab between the 2 copy/paste etc (can be used for channel
but mostly for the secret, it must be pasted on all windows, if copied,
/dbox random to get just this utility)
(Issue #8) with lots of work/learning to get a cool fixed width narrow display and handle tab, escape, click, select,
typing etc as one may expect.
- Handle trial accounts where BattleNet info is nil (Issue #7)
as part of fix prefix provided channel name with DynamicBoxer4, if left empty (but don't) uses "demo"
- Static dialogs are reusing widgets without reinitializing them (!) so changes made in UI config
need to be reverted on OnHide (like clearing password field)
- make sure we leave previous channel when doing "/dbox init"
- fix bug on macro rewrite when missing slots (lua ipairs stops at first hole)
1.0.0 June 11th 2019 - 1.0 After 6 alpha/beta releases
- Added UI (2 step dialog boxes, ran only once per account) to set channel/secret pair
- Also re runnable using
/dbox init later
- Limit maximum number of times we'll try sending/syncing (to 20 times/20s after channel join or /dbox m command)
- DynBoxer.enabled boolean to turn off dynboxer even if loaded/running (optional/no use yet)
- Luacheck'ed and some reformatting to 120 columns
/dbox j always sends the sync message
- With all the above and testing showing things working, we are I believe feature complete for 1.0 and out of prototype mode!
This is starting to be solid and efficient folks ! Give it a shot !
0.1.5 June 10th 2019
- Fix for lua error when not running in multiboxing setup (Issue #3)
- Fix duplicate join event/messages
- Debug output now has multiple verbosity level, use /dbox debug 9 for most verbose (new MoLib support for it)
- Cleanup retries
- Handle message send failure
Get the addon ("binary") release from https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/dynamicboxer/files
(it includes substituted version numbers and embedded MoLib)
0.1.4 June 10th 2019
- Fix /reload on one character needing to rebroadcast from others (Issue #1)
- Better color scheme
- Only show isboxer warnings about bindings the first time
- Split into 3 files for clarity and keeping ISBoxer code changes in one place
- Refactor hooking to be cleaner and more generic and not conflict with our own functions
- Globe lint fixes