perl Kernel Module Info
Two small scripts writting on Perl. Both scripts have similar functionality and difference only in user interface:
- pkmi-gtk2.pl - have UI based on GTK2 library and targeted for X-Window users
- pkmi-text.pl - have UI based on Cursers library and targeted for terminal users
- pkmi-tk.pl - have UI based on Tk library and targeted for X-Window users. It will be removed in the future.
All this scripts show list of loaded and built-in kernel modules, and available module parameters with values and descriptions (if available).
They can be runned without root priveleges, but some kernel modules allow read info only for root.
On ubuntu you need install packages:
# For pkmi-text.pl: apt install libcurses-ui-perl kmod # For pkmi-gtk2.pl apt install libgtk2-perl kmod # For pkmi-tk.pl apt install perl-tk kmod
- Support for other OS. not only Linux
- Handle terminal window resize in pkmi-text.pl
- Resizable tab headers in pkmi-gtk2.pl
- Show module dependency tree
- Move all functions related to kernel modules into a separate library