openframeworks addon. Combines 2D fluid simulation, optical flow and more using GLSL shaders. Works best with live camera input.
DEPENDENCIES & SYSTEM SPECS
- This version of the addon was created using macOSX10.13 and OF 0.10 (OF 0.8.4 and 0.9.8 versions can be found in branches)
- The addon should work on older versions of OSX, Windows and Linux.
- dependent on ofxGui.
- A discrete graphics card is highly recommended.
The addon is meant for developers who like to use fluid simulation in combination with a live camera input to create psychedelic live visuals. http://vimeo.com/92334462
CREDITS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
This addon started out as an expansion to ofxFluid by Patricio Gonzalez Vivo also using his ofxFX. While working on it it turned into a separate addon.
The Fluid shaders are adapted from various sources. Unfortunately I can't remember all, but the most important ones:
- Mark J Harris: Various online sources
- Patricio Gonzalez Vivo (http://www.patriciogonzalezvivo.com): ofxFluid
The Optical Flow Shader is based on a Quartz Composer patch, but was also inspired by ofxMIOFlowGLSL by Princemio
My interest in, and knowledge of, fluid simulation was hugely inspired by the work of Memo Akten. Thanx!
FUTURE ADDITIONS / TODO
- rebuild the area extension and add to examples
- visualization: better normalization
- rebuild the fluidFlow
- rebuild the particleFlow
- Add Turing patterns: cake23.de/turing-fluid.html Beautiful!
(c) 2018 Matthias Oostrik http://www.matthiasoostrik.com