Mopidy extension for controlling volume using an external NAD amplifier. Developed and tested with a NAD C355BEE.
Mopidy-NAD is currently kept on life support by the Mopidy core developers. It is in need of a more dedicated maintainer.
If you want to be the maintainer of Mopidy-NAD, please:
- Make 2-3 good pull requests improving any part of the project.
- Read and get familiar with all of the project's open issues.
- Send a pull request removing this section and adding yourself as the "Current maintainer" in the "Credits" section below. In the pull request description, please refer to the previous pull requests and state that you've familiarized yourself with the open issues.
As a maintainer, you'll be given push access to the repo and the authority to make releases to PyPI when you see fit.
Install by running:
sudo pip install Mopidy-NAD
Or, if available, install the Debian/Ubuntu package from apt.mopidy.com.
The Mopidy-NAD extension is enabled by default. To disable it, add the
[nad] enabled = false
The NAD amplifier must be connected to the machine running Mopidy using a serial cable.
To use the NAD amplifier ot control volume, set the
nad. You probably also needs to add some
properties to the
nad config section.
Supported properties includes:
port: The serial device to use, defaults to
/dev/ttyUSB0. This must be set correctly for the mixer to work.
source: The source that should be selected on the amplifier, like
tuner, etc. Leave unset if you don't want the mixer to change it for you.
speakers-a: Set to
false) if you want the mixer to make sure that speaker set A is turned on or off. Leave unset if you don't want the mixer to change it for you.
Configuration example with minimum configuration, if the amplifier is available
[audio] mixer = nad
Configuration example with minimum configuration, if the amplifier is available elsewhere:
[audio] mixer = nad [nad] port = /dev/ttyUSB3
Configuration example with full configuration:
[audio] mixer = nad [nad] port = /dev/ttyUSB0 source = aux speakers-a = true speakers-b = false
- Original author: Stein Magnus Jodal
- Current maintainer: None. Maintainer wanted, see section above.
- Require Mopidy >= 0.19 and the new Mopidy mixer API.
- The configuration format has changed, due to the move from GStreamer 0.10's mixer API to Mopidy's new mixer API.
- Require Mopidy >= 0.18.
- Update to match the
LICENSEin PyPI package.
- Add missing
- Extracted extension from Mopidy core.