An app to play shows including audio, video, lighting (e.g. DMX) and MIDI.
- Build the Java JAR:
- Start the backend server:
java -jar rocketshow.jar
- Start web frontend server:
cd src/main/webapp && npx ng serve
The seed directory structure '/dist/rocketshow' can be packed on a mac with this commands (assuming you're currently in the 'dist' directory):
COPYFILE_DISABLE=true tar -c --exclude='.DS_Store' -zf directory.tar.gz rocketshow
Raspberry Pi Image building
These steps describe how to build a Raspberry Pi image based on the DietPi distribution on a Mac OS X. Raspbian Light is not supported, because audio playback is laggy.
- Flash an image with DietPi 6.17 ARMv6-Stretch to an SD card.
- Remove the card from the Mac and add it again.
- There should now be a directory /Volumes/boot available
- Execute the shell script dist/install/prepare_dietpi_raspberry_image.sh
- This script prepared the configuration for Rocket Show.
- Safely remove the SD card and use a Raspberry Pi connected to the internet to boot it. According to DietPi, unfortunately there is currently no possibility to build the image without a Raspberry Pi.
- Let the Raspberry Pi finish its boot process and install all required software.
- SSH into it (username = root, password = dietpi) and run the following code:
cd /tmp wget https://rocketshow.net/install/script/dietpi_raspberry.sh chmod +x dietpi_raspberry.sh ./dietpi_raspberry.sh rm -rf dietpi_raspberry.sh sudo reboot
- Let the system start itself a first time, login again with ssh and shut down using
shutdown -h now
- Add the SD card back to the Mac.
- Find its drive name with
- Unmount the disk. E.g.
diskutil umountDisk /dev/disk2. 13 Create an image of the card. E.g.
sudo dd if=/dev/disk2 of=/Users/vio/sdcard.img bs=512.
- Transfer the image to a Linux (e.g. VirtualBox), because gparted is needed for the next steps.
- Use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Drewsif/PiShrink/master/pishrink.sh to shrink the image.
- Zip the image using
gzip -9 rocketshow.img.
- Add the release notes in update/currentversion2.xml and build the war ("mvn install")
- Copy seed directory directory.tar.gz to rocketshow.net/install, if updated
- Copy target/rocketshow.jar to rocketshow.net/update/rocketshow.jar
- Copy install/.sh scripts to rocketshow.net/install/script/.sh, if updated
- Copy update/currentversion2.xml to rocketshow.net/update/currentversion2.xml
- Copy update/before.sh, update/after.sh to rocketshow.net/update/xy.sh, if updated
- Copy the new complete image to rocketshow.net/install/images and change the file latest.php to link the new version
- GIT merge DEV branch to MASTER
- GIT tag with the current version
- Switch to DEV and update POM and update/currentversion2.xml versions
The built application should be uploaded to rocketshow.net/update and be named "rocketshow.jar". The file "currentversion2.xml" can be modified accordingly.