Vuetify Extension Template with TypeScript
The Reason for this Template
- Enhanced code quality and understandability
- More powerful tooling, allowing things like code completion
- Type inference, which can help developers catch bugs earlier
- Access to all of the features of ESNext
Despite these benefits, it is still quite challenging to setup a development environment that makes it easy for developers to build extensions to Vuetify 2.0 components that takes full advantage of the benefits of its TypeScript implementation.
This template was created to make it much easier for developers to build high-quality extensions for Vuetify 2.0 that will benefit the entire extended community of developers who use Vuetify.
Instructions for Use
In order to use this template, you will need to follow the following steps (detailed explanation follows):
- Make sure you have accounts with the following entities:
- Install yarn
- Install global packages with yarn:
- Create a new blank repo on GitHub
- Download a zipped copy of this repo
- Unzip to a local directory on your computer
- Rename and/or update the following files:
- Install default dependencies with yarn
- Initialize a git repository in your customized directory
- Make your first commit
- Run your first tests
- Do your first build
- Start the dev server for the first time
- Build your extension
- Release it!
- Publicize, support, and maintain
Questions, Comments, Bug Reports, etc.
Comments, questions, pull requests, and bug reports are very welcome. Please submit an issue via the Issues tab above.