- UIN Generation (UIG_FR_1)
MOSIP generates a pool of UINs before the registration process and stores them. The UIN generation policies can be defined\modified by country as per their requirement
The UINs generated follow the following policies:
- UIN should not contain any alphanumeric characters
- UIN should not contain any repeating numbers for 2 or more than 2 digits
- UIN should not contain any sequential number for 3 or more than 3 digits
- UIN should not be generated sequentially
- UIN should not have repeated block of numbers for 2 or more than 2 digits
- The last digit in the number should be reserved for a checksum
- The number should not contain '0' or '1' as the first digit.
- First 5 digits should be different from the last 5 digits (E.g. 4345643456)
- First 5 digits should be different to the last 5 digits reversed (E.g. 4345665434)
- UIN should not be a cyclic figure
- UIN should be different from the repetition of the first two digits 5 times (E.g. 3434343434)
- UIN should not contain three even adjacent digits (E.g. 3948613752)
- UIN should not contain admin defined restricted number.
Note: The number of UINs to be generated in a pool depends on a configuration to be done by the country depending on the peak registration requirements. UIN generation service will receive a request by Registration Processor to get a UIN. The service responds with an un-allocated UIN from the generated pool. When the pool reaches a configured number of minimum UINs, MOSIP generates another pool of UIN.
List of Configurable Parameters and Processes
- (Work in Progress)