MOSN is a network proxy written in Golang. It can be used as a cloud-native network data plane, providing services with the following proxy functions: multi-protocol, modular, intelligent, and secure. MOSN is the short name of Modular Open Smart Network-proxy. MOSN can be integrated with any Service Mesh wich support xDS API. It can also be used as an independent Layer 4 or Layer 7 load balancer, API Gateway, cloud-native Ingress, etc.
As an open source network proxy, MOSN has the following core functions:
- Support full dynamic resource configuration through xDS API integrated with Service Mesh.
- Support proxy with TCP, HTTP, and RPC protocols.
- Support rich routing features.
- Support reliable upstream management and load balancing capabilities.
- Support network and protocol layer observability.
- Support mTLS and protocols on TLS.
- Support rich extension mechanism to provide highly customizable expansion capabilities.
- Support process smooth upgrade.
go get -u mosn.io/mosn, or you can git clone the repository to
- If you need to use code before 0.8.1, you may needs to run the script
transfer_path.shto fix the import path.
- If you are in Linux, you should modify the
transfer_path.sh, see the comment in the script file.
See our contributor guide.
Scan the QR code below with DingTalk to join the MOSN user group.