Distilled is the support system for wikiedge.org which achieve the everyday changes on the Mainpage of Chinese Wikipedia and then remix related content into a magazine.
Distilled is composed by:
- several maintenance scripts to dump wikipedia pages into a magazine
- server to serve the magazine
- online editor to edit the magazine
- user administration
How to start
Please follow below steps:
- install nodejs, please install version > 0.4.0
- install npm
- cd /path/to/put/distilled
git clone git://github.com/mountain/distilled.gitto clone repository
- install all dependencies by
- copy several *.js.example files under config directory to *.js
- generate magazine data,
./bin/magazine -c center -p dyk -b black
- generate calander html,
- start distilled server,
- okay, open http://localhost:8080/ in your browser
The parameters of dump.js should be changed according to your choice of the cover style of the magazine. See belwo section for details.
Cover style of the magazine
Run the command "node scripts/dump.js --help", it will give you some hints.
-c, --cover [TEXT] full|center|north|west -p, --photo [TEXT] feature|featurepic|good|itn|otd|dyk|XXXX.ext -b, --bg [TEXT] aqua|black|blue|fuchsia|gray|green|lime|maroon|....
The above three command options are the most important.
The "-c" option gives the cover style which is one of full, center, north, west.
The "-p" option gives the photo of the magazine, you can set it to the file name of a photo or one section name on the Wikipedia Mainpage.
- feature 特色条目
- featurepic 特色图片
- good 优良条目
- itn 新闻动态
- otd 历史上的今天
- dyk 你知道吗
- XXXX.ext 文件名
The "-b" option gives the background color of the magazine.