Distilled is the support system for wikiedge.org which achieve the everyday changes on the Mainpage of Chinese Wikipedia and then remix related content into a magazine.
Distilled is composed by:
- several maintenance scripts to dump wikipedia pages into a magazine
- server to serve the magazine
- online editor to edit the magazine
- user administration
Please follow below steps:
- install nodejs, please install version > 0.4.0
- install npm
- cd /path/to/put/distilled
git clone git://github.com/mountain/distilled.gitto clone repository
- install all dependencies by
- copy several *.js.example files under config directory to *.js
- generate magazine data,
./bin/magazine -c center -p dyk -b black
- generate calander html,
- start distilled server,
- okay, open http://localhost:8080/ in your browser
The parameters of dump.js should be changed according to your choice of the cover style of the magazine. See belwo section for details.
Run the command "node scripts/dump.js --help", it will give you some hints.
-c, --cover [TEXT] full|center|north|west -p, --photo [TEXT] feature|featurepic|good|itn|otd|dyk|XXXX.ext -b, --bg [TEXT] aqua|black|blue|fuchsia|gray|green|lime|maroon|....
The above three command options are the most important.
The "-c" option gives the cover style which is one of full, center, north, west.
The "-p" option gives the photo of the magazine, you can set it to the file name of a photo or one section name on the Wikipedia Mainpage.
- feature 特色条目
- featurepic 特色图片
- good 优良条目
- itn 新闻动态
- otd 历史上的今天
- dyk 你知道吗
- XXXX.ext 文件名
The "-b" option gives the background color of the magazine.