HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
game library volo compatibility
Right now, there is a small (but growing) number of libraries useful to games that install out-of-the-box using volo. Here's a list of some current known ones and their state.
You may run into a library where 'volo add' installs the entire source tree, rather than just the consumable bits. If it's not already listed here, please file an issue.
If you're a bit more adventurous and comfortable with package.json files, please help teach volo about unusual browser libraries.
If you're a library maintainer and you'd like your library to work with volo out of the box, see the browser library best practices documentation.
- buzz (audio element library)
- cannon.js (lightweight 3D physics engine)
- crafty.js (entity-component game engine)
- CubicVR.js (3D engine; volo currently pulls from master branch)
- gl-matrix (Matrix and Vector library for High Performance WebGL apps)
- gladius-core (entity-component game engine)
- input.js (GamePAD API high-level helper)
- JigLibJS (JigLib 3D physics engine port)
- kripken/ammo.js (Bullet 3D physics engine cross-compiled)
- kripken/box2d.js (Box2D physics engine cross-compiled)
- Physijs (Physics plugin for Three.js)
- Sprite.js (Efficient cross-browser sprite animation)
- stats.js (Frame rendering perf monitor widget)
- Three.js (3D engine)
- tQuery (jQuery-style extension system for Three.js; this build uses the -all version and includes Three.js)
- jukebox (audio version without flash)
- SoundManager2 (audio helper library; this version has no flash fallback)
- audiolib.js (package.json main entry points into space)
- viewporter (lib to simplify mobile meta viewport tag handling)
- TweenJS (pulls the wrong version despite tag)
- EaselJS (pulls the wrong version despite tag)
- KineticJS (2D Canvas library that supports interactivity)
- gladius math
- sink.js (low-level audio library)
- jukebox with Flash fallback
- SoundManager2 with Flash fallback
- pl (includes box2dWeb used by Ted's tank game)
- JigLibJS2 (3D Physics Engine)
- machine.js (behavior trees)
- socket.io or socket.io-client?
- wd? (something rob hawkes mentioned that is a competitor to socket.io)
- other things from https://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr/wiki/HTML5-Cross-browser-Polyfills
- sencha touch