Community developed modules
This page lists some the older community-developed libraries.
For a new list check for the "jetpack" tag on npmjs.org.
- dialog by @ZER0 Open a window dialog with features and content scripts
- Notification Box by @lduros Add notification warnings to the browser.
- Doorhanger / Popup Notification by @ZER0 Add a doorhanger / notification in both Firefox Mobile and Desktop.
- Addon Tab by @lduros Open a tab with any local page, hide the navigation bar and style the tab itself (color, font, ...)
- set new-tab page content by @autonome
- module for interacting with Panorama by @Mitcho work in progress
- Badged Widgets by @autonome
- awesomebar by @autonome
- Toolbar Widgets by @Rob--W. Place Jetpack widgets on any toolbar.
- BarButton by @AbdullahDiaa. Adds Images to Address bar with panels.
- UrlbarButton by @VoxPelli. Adds images to address bar.
- Sys tray by @ochameau Jetpack library to create system tray.
- Chrome-mod by @ochameau. Like page-mod, but for chrome documents. Allows modifying browser UI with a chrome script.
- NativeWindow by @canuckistani a small module that allows you to add Menus, etc on Firefox for Android via the NativeWindow API.
- Bottom Panel by @yelloroadie. Add a content panel below the main window. Useful if you want content to show constantly while the user is browsing, or if your content is too large for the SDK Panel module.
- Panelview by @freaktechnik. Allows SDK-like creation of panelviews, which were introduced with Australis and are used by all the default buttons of Firefox.
- Home Panel by @freaktechnik. Create panels in the about:home of Firefox for Android.
- Awesomebar Search by @autonome Query the datasource that powers the Firefox awesomebar.
- Places Query Module by @autonome and @mak77 Query your bookmarks and history, with a fantastical set of options
- Browser Commands by @autonome search for and execute browser commands (eg: reload, zoom, bookmark page, open URL).
- Define custom URI protocols by @toolness
- Define custom URI protocols by @gozala Supports async protocol handlers.
- Sync for Panorama by @ttaubert show synchronized devices as dedicated groups in Panorama (used by Stylish).
- IO by @gozala Node.js-style IO for Jetpack.
- subprocesses by @ochameau API to spawn and kill child processes and manipulate their stdin/out.
- moz-js by @ochameau Collection of low level APIs mimicking Node.js APIs.
- resource by @gozala SDK API for registering new resource URIs
- chrome by @gozala API for chrome URI registration
- ShowForPage by @VoxPelli. API for acting on page load related events.
- Actors by @gozala Generators based implementation of Scala-like Actors for writing callbackless async code.
- Q by @kriskowal port to SDK by @gozala Library for working with promises.
- meta-promise by @gozala Experimental implementation of promises on top of ES Harmony Proxies
- repl by @gozala Telnet based REPL for Jetpack
- graphquire by @gozala Dependency management (Node.js based) tool for installing third party dependencies.
- QR code utilities by @peregrinogris
- Module for choosing and loading an external editor by @autonome Ported from the Ubiquity add-on.
- Socket API by @gozala implements Node.js's Socket API
Smarter console by @ongaeshi
console.logthat pretty-prints objects (for details see blog post)
- Alien FX LED lights manipulation by @ochameau Alien FX library for LED lights manipulation on Alienware laptops.
- OrderedMap by @madarche, a structure to hold ordered key/value mappings (like Python dict, Ruby Hash or Java HashMap) with a "max_items" option to delete oldest key/value mappings when maximum count is reached.
- TeXZilla by @fredw, a TeX-to-MathML converter generated by Jison (see the TeXZilla repository).
- FAPush, implements a SimplePush client to allow receiving asynchronous push notifications.
- DirectoryWatcher Polls a directory, notifies listeners of events like file added, deleted, changed, etc.
Provides access to
- Menu menu docs
- Dominant Color Given an image URI, find the most representative color for that image based on the frequency of each color, see here